1. Films in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
2. The date when the film was finished does not matter. Older works that have not yet been presented at our festival can also take part in the competition.
3. The author can submit more than one film. Each film must be submitted separately.
4. Submitted films must include the title of the film, and final credits with the names of the authors.
5. The author is the one responsible for copyright management of the music used in the film.
6. By applying to the competition and submitting the film, the author/s agrees with the terms and conditions of the competition and with the use of personal data stated on the application for the purposes of the Bratislava Film Festival. The author/s agrees on parts or the entirety of the film being presented to a live public audience, presented online or in television, and also agrees on parts of the film being used as promotional material by the Bratislava Film Festival.
7. The management of the Bratislava Film Festival reserves the right to include or not include the submitted film/s in the competition based on their quality. The management of the Bratislava Film Festival also reserves the right to change the dates and venue of the festival, the prizes or the competition categories. The management of the Bratislava Film Festival reserves the right to not award any prizes to a submitted film if it does not meet the necessary criteria for the competition or if it does not rank in any of the winning places.
8. The submitted films can be nominated for the GrandPrix prize, the Audience Award or the Best Slovak Film Award. The decision of the independent jury cannot be appealed. The visitors of the festival will decide on the Audience Award based on a poll.
9. The film registration fee is non-refundable.
10. The results will be announced at the end of the festival, the winners will be made public on the festival’s website.
11. The deadline for the competition is 17.06.2024. This date is binding for all of the applicants.